When you are feeling low, and nothing in your life seems to go right, you look up to the sky and cry OR you just eat some good old chocolate cake. However this does not mean you have to compromise on your beliefs and traditions and your keto living. You find simple and better alternatives.
Here is the lava cake recipe I just tried and stuffed my face with while thinking how unfair life can be. It turned out pretty great. (The cake I mean turned out pretty great, life still sucks).
Do try this recipe. Going through a rough patch right now but this raised my spirit and sweetened my soul.
2 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
4 tbsp erythritol
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Walden farms pancake syrup
Whipped cream for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare two ramekins. Spray them with olive oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (cocoa, erythritol, baking powder and salt) in a bowl.
- Whip eggs till they are foamy.
- Add cream and vanilla essence.
- Mix with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture in the ramekins.
- Bake for 15 minutes till jiggly from top.
- Put a tablespoon of walden syrup on a plate. Invert the cake onto the plate.
- Decorate with whipped cream strawberries and some more syrup and serve.