My wonderful mother in law gave me this recipe 5 years ago. These are so delicious they kick ass at any party I take them to. The best thing is I can easily make them keto friendly! Here is the low carb recipe of these scrumptious kebabs.
For the kebabs
1 kg Minced beef
1 onion chopped
1 bunch coriander
5 Serrano pepper chopped
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
Salt to taste
2 tbsp grounded whole spice mix ( garam masala)
2 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
3 or 4 tbsp butter
For the sauce
1-2 tbsp butter
3 – 4 garlic knobs/pieces
6 tbsp tomato paste (make paste of 1 large tomato or two small size roma tomatoes)
2 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp erythritol (optional)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cream
1/3 cup or less green bell peppers sliced
1/4 onion sliced
- Mix all the kebab ingredients except butter.
- Make oval shapes of the kebabs.
- Heat the butter and fry the kebabs till they are fully cooked. You can also grill these to give them a smoky taste. Put them aside.
- For the sauce, melt butter in a pan and fry chopped garlic for a minute. Add tomato puree. Put in all the other sauce ingredients and cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Lower the heat and add the cooked kebabs in the sauce. Cover and cook for two minutes on very low heat.
- Garnish these with green bell peppers and onion. Serve warm.
Let me know how you like my keto version of the saas kebabs!