One day we will have a world where a chicken can cross the road without being questioned about his motives…
I had a wonderful English teacher in high school. He said whenever you feel a writer’s block coming you just sit back relax and start with a quotation and words will automatically flow. I started this post with the lamest quote I could find an this certainly started me rolling. Well, Kinda.
Coming back to what actually this post is about. I made this amazing pepper chicken which is infused with exotic Indian flavors and tasted wonderful with the broccoli fried rice. This was so easy to make and is completely keto friendly.
2 lb boneless chicken small pieces
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 chopped onion
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 chopped tomatoes
2 chopped Serrano pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ground red chilli
Salt to taste ( 1tsp)
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garam masala (optional)
1 tsp lemon juice
- Melt butter in a cooking pot. Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Put in the chopped onions. Make sure you onions are chopped as finely as possible. Add salt to it now as salt will help absorb the moisture from the onions. Fry them till they turn translucent approximately 5 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 30 seconds. Put in turmeric, finely chopped tomatoes, serrano pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli. Saute on medium heat for 15 minutes till the tomatoes are dissolved and most of the water is evaporated. Stir often.
- Once the sauce is the appropriate consistency, add in the boneless chicken. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the pepper and garam masala. Check the sauce and adjust the salt and spices if required.
- Add lemon juice stir and serve with broccoli fried rice.