Yay! Finally a dessert recipe that I actually like. The amount of dessert recipes I have in my blog shows how much I love them. Yes, its true. No matter how much you hate me for it but I am not a big dessert fan but there are a few things I love and this keto cheese cake is one of them.
For the base:
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsp erythritol
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the top layer
4 packets softened Philadelphia cream cheese (32 oz)
1 tsp vanilla essence
Splash of lemon juice
1 cup erythritol
2 strawberries sliced (optional)
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
1) Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a cake pan. I cover mine with parchment paper
2) Melt butter.
2) Mix all the ingredients of the base and spread it on the prepared pan.
3) Bake this for 10 minutes and let it cool for another 15 minutes on the counter.
4) Meanwhile, prepare the top layer. Whip cream cheese and erythritol till soft peaks form.
5) Gradually add the eggs one by one and mix till fully incorporated.
6) Add the other ingredients and mix for another two minutes. You can add in the sliced strawberries if you want.
7) Once the base is cool, spread the cream cheese mixture.
8) Bake for 50 minutes till its set.
9) Let it cool on the counter and refrigerate overnight. (We couldn’t really wait and had a piece immediately 🙈)
10) When its cold, garnish with fresh strawberry slices and serve. You can add some almond flour crumble on top or use the walden calorie free syrup to create stripes to make it prettier.