2 lbs chicken breast pieces
For the marinade:
1/2 tsp salt or as per taste
3/4 tsp red chilli flakes
3/4 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
A splash of soy sauce (optional)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp white pepper
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
For the white sauce
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp garlic paste
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup chicken broth (I just use water if I don’t have chicken broth available
2 tbsp almond flour
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pound chicken breasts with the meat pounder/ hammer.
- Marinate the chicken in all the ingredients of the marinade for at least 30 minutes. You can also freeze these in portions for later.
- Heat a tablespoon of butter and fry the chicken for 3 minutes on one side. Turn and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a preheated warm oven while you make the white sauce.
- Fry the sliced mushrooms in one tbsp of butter and season them with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once the mushrooms wilt, add the almond flour and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth or water and cook till it thickens.
- Add the cream and cook for a minute. Taste the sauce and season more if required.
- Pour the white sauce over the chicken pieces and serve. You can serve it on the side too.
- Enjoy with your choice of vegetables and let me know if you like it!