I love making these. Not only is the end result yummy but it’s extremely convenient to just take one out of the freezer and air fry or bake them. Yes I marinate 20 or 30 pieces in advance and freeze them.
The trick lies in getting good leg and thigh pieces. I just ask my butcher to give me tikka pieces and he understands but if your guy doesn’t, just get a good meaty leg and thigh piece.
20 tikkas (chicken leg and thigh) pieces
2 cups greek yogurt
10 tbsp lemon juice
8 tbsp butter
1) Put 3 deep cuts in each tikka piece
2) Mix all the ingredients and marinate the chicken for atleast 2 hours. You can freeze these now for later.
3) Airfry the chicken for 15 minutes then turn the pieces and airfry for another 15 minutes on the other side. I love my Phillips Airfryer for this!
4) Increase the heat to 400F and cook for 5 minutes.
You can also bake these in the oven at 400F for 30 minutes turning once. Then broil for 5 minutes to give a char effect.
You can grill it too for some summer fun!
6) Enjoy with a salad or your favorite calorie free sauce, avocado and grilled mushrooms!
3 Comments Add yours