Hmm, I have been a pasta lover all my life. They used to be my favorite carbs. My husband never liked them and these days he has been making fun of me about it. However, yesterday I gave him a surprise by creating this epic zucchini noodle recipe which was completely gluten and carb free! Also it tasted so good we both were kinda surprised. Try it out and let me know how it goes.
1 lb medium or large frozen shrimp (shelled and deveined)
1 lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 packet frozen zucchini noodles or use a spiralizer to create noodles with two zucchinis. I once found fresh zucchini noodles at target
1/2 onion chopped finely
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp almond flour (optional)
1/4 heavy whipping cream (optional)
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tsp chopped serrano pepper (if you want it spicy)
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Marinate the shrimp in the marination ingredients for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter and fry the shrimp for 3 minutes on each side. Take them out and keep aside.
- Cook zucchini noodles as per the package directions. Drain them.
- If you are using fresh zucchini noodles, heat a tsp of butter, and fry them for 5 minutes till they are tender.
- In the pan, add butter and fry the chopped onion till translucent. Add almond flour and cook for 20 seconds and then add the whipping cream. After it thickens, add the shrimp, coriander and chopped chilies.
- Cook for two minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper accordingly. Also add more cream to have the consistency you want.
- Mix the pasta and the shrimp sauce and serve!