1kg minced beef
3 tsp cumin powder
3 tsp coriander powder
3 tsp red chile flakes
4 tbs dried pomegranate seeds, coarsely crushed
4 tsp garlic paste
4 tsp ginger paste
Add the following just before Frying
4 tbs Almond flour
2 large eggs
4 onion very fine chopped (Tip: I use this manual chopper to chop onions, serrano pepper and other vegetables)
1/4 cup fresh coriander or cilantro finely chopped
3 Serrano pepper finely chopped
Thinly sliced tomatoes (Optional)
- Marinate the minced beef for atleast 1 hour in all the ingredients for marination.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Before frying add almond flour, onion, cilantro, Serrano pepper and 2 eggs.
- Make the kababs or flat patties. If you want you can press a slice of tomato into each patty like an authentic chappli kabab.
- Shallow fry in butter for 2 minutes per side on medium heat. You can freeze them at this point after they cool down or move to the next step.
- Keep the kebabs in the oven for 10 minutes and serve immediately.
- You can bake them at 350 F for 20 minutes turning once and grill them on high. Just make sure you are turning them once while grilling after 4 minutes or they will break apart.
- Your high protein, low calorie meal is ready.
Ideas for serving: I make lettuce burgers or put them in between the cloud bread to give a more original feel. Sometimes I just serve them with the creamy coleslaw and grilled vegetables. Check out my recipe for some delicious burgers.
2 Comments Add yours